uk visa enquiry

A skilled worker visa- Who can switch?

UK immigration system allows individuals to switch from other visa categories to skilled worker visas. This means those who are in the UK on a different visa can switch to a skilled worker visa if they wish to, provided they meet the eligibility conditions. However, you cannot switch to a skilled worker from some visa routes that are – (a) as a Visitor; or (b) as a Short-term student; or (c) as a Parent of a Child Student; or (d) as a Seasonal Worker; or (e) as a Domestic Worker i...

By - 2 years ago

Hong Kong British National (Overseas) BN (O) visa

The UK raised its concerns after China imposed its national security law in Hong Kong. In its policy statement released in July 2020, UK saying that the country wants to open a window for the BN (O) citizens in Hong Kong to come to the UK to live and work if they wish to. On 22 October 2020 UK Government has released a statement that talks about the changes to the new immigration rules including BN (O)overseas visa route's legal framework. Now all BN (O) holders can apply for BN (O) overseas vis...

By - 2 years ago

Representative of an Overseas Business

The Representative of an Overseas business route is available to companies who wish to establish a UK branch or subsidiary office to establish their operations in the UK. The route for this purpose is to send a representative to the UK. This visa category allows a senior employee of an overseas business that has no presence in the UK to come to the UK as a sole representative or a media representative.

Who is the sole and media representative of an overseas business?

A sole representative o...

By - 2 years ago

Challenging 320 7 (A) - 10-year ban

UK immigration laws have provisions for refusing visas to the applicants. You should know them or consult experts to avoid making any mistake that may cause you serious troubles such as 10 years ban to enter the UK. Paragraph 320 7(A) sets out mandatory grounds for the refusal of visas. Paragraph 320 7(A) sets the grounds of refusal based on false representation, false documents, and/or non-disclosure of relevant facts. Applicants will be refused their application for entry clearance, leave t...

By - 2 years ago

Criminality and UK Immigration

Criminality is a vital factor when one thinks to apply for a UK visa or British Citizenship. The Home Office of the UK checks if there is any criminal record in your name and if so whether you should be given the visa or not. Applicants need to submit a criminal record certificate when applying for a UK visa and if one fails to do so he/she may face the visa refusal. There are various requirements one needs to fulfil while making a visa application and a previous criminal record is one of them....

By - 2 years ago

Fiancé Visa - How to prepare your application

The UK Fiancé visa is a route for a non-British individual to join his/her fiancé who is settled in the UK. UK Fiancé visa is also termed as a prospective marriage or civil partnership visa and it is different from a spouse/partner visa. UK fiancé visa allows the applicant to join his partner in the UK for 6 months and during the 6 months; both must get married or enter into a civil partnership with each other.

Eligibility for UK fiance visa

  1. You and your UK based partner must be 18 o

By - 2 years ago

UK Skilled worker rules and guidance

Looking to come to the UK for work? The UK welcomes skilled workers from across the world. However, there are going to be new skilled worker rules in place. So far there has been free movement for all EU and EEA citizens coming to the UK. Come January 1, 2021, the free movement of people between the UK and EU is going to end as a result of Brexit. The UK is launching a new immigration system in which everyone outside the UK will be treated equally. This applies to employers in the UK and all non...

By - 2 years ago

British Citizen by Naturalisation

What is a British Citizen by Naturalisation? The British Nationality Act 1981 (BNA 1981) offers each individual above the age of 18 with Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or Permanent Residence in the UK an opportunity to become a British citizen by Naturalisation. There are many benefits of being or becoming a British Citizen. One can live and work in the UK without any immigration control whatsoever after becoming a British Citizen. The applicants have to meet other eligibility requirements too...

By - 2 years ago

Guide to apply for the UK civil partnership visa

UK civil partnership visa is for those individuals who are non-UK citizens but are in a civil partnership with a person who is a British Citizen or has indefinite leave to remain in the UK or has the right of abode. Such non-UK individuals can apply for the UK civil partnership visa to join and live with their partners in the UK. UK civil partnership visa or UK marriage visa provides civil partners or spouses of British citizens an entry to the UK for a specified period of time. Applicants or th...

By - 2 years ago

How to apply for the UK visit visa

UK visit visa or Standard visitor visa is for those who wish to come to the UK for a short duration for up to 6 months. The purpose of the visit can be a holiday, visiting family members, medical treatment, or any other reason such as business, study, or work. Earlier there were different visa categories for each of these purposes but now all short term visas such as Family visitor visa, Child visitor visa, General visitor visa and Sports visitor visa have been replaced by a single UK visit visa...

By - 2 years ago

Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.